- Spread The Light! Come Visit Our Beautiful Christmas Trees.On SATURDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2023, following the 5:00 PM Mass, our beautiful Christmas trees will be blessed and lit. The trees will remain lit every night from 4:30 PM until 11:00 PM, through the Feast of the Epiphany on January 6, 2024. People are welcome to come to visit the trees and read the plaques… Read more: Spread The Light! Come Visit Our Beautiful Christmas Trees.
- Blood Drive on Saturday, December 9th Sponsored by KofC and SMS HSAThe Knights of Columbus along with the St Matthias Home School Association will sponsor a blood drive on Saturday, December 9th in the school cafeteria between 8:30 am and 2:30 pm. We are asking you all to roll up your sweater sleeves and donate.
- A Note of Thanks…A HUGE Thank You to all of our parishioners who volunteered to set up the 300 trees for our Spread the Light Campaign. Almost 40 people, adults, teens, and kids came out to help. With three men starting at 8 AM, including Fr. Lancelot, lashing trees to poles, joined by many more at 9 AM… Read more: A Note of Thanks…
- Giving Tuesday – “Works of Mercy”GivingTuesday is an opportunity for people to give back in many different ways: through acts of kindness, gifts of voice, time, talent, or treasure. Our parish of St. Matthias has been blessed with generous parishioners who always responded joyfully to every need of our community. Thank you. This year, instead of focusing on any particular… Read more: Giving Tuesday – “Works of Mercy”
- SMYLE Youth Group Project – Please DONATE.On Saturday,December 9th, and Sunday, December 10th all SMYLE members are asked to volunteer to help with the collection of the following items for Unity Square after all the Masses: Men’s-hats, scarves, gloves, toiletry items such as small deodorant, soap, and washcloths. Thank you!!!
- Alzheimer’s Support Group Meets in Person on December 13th at 2 PMThe Alzheimer’s Association and St. Matthias Catholic Church are co-hosting a monthly Support Group for individuals living with Alzheimer’s or Dementia, their care partners, and others dealing with the disease. Our next meeting will be Wednesday, December 13th, from 2:00 PM -3:00 PM in the Parish Office at St. Matthias. Registration is required. To register, call 800-272-3900… Read more: Alzheimer’s Support Group Meets in Person on December 13th at 2 PM
- The Giving Tree is Back! Please Consider Donating.The Giving Tree is at the front of the Church and will remain there until Sunday, December 17th. During this time you will have the opportunity to take ornaments and purchase some or all of the items listed. Once again in conjunction with Catholic Charities, we will distribute gifts to Elijah’s Promise, Great Expectations,… Read more: The Giving Tree is Back! Please Consider Donating.
- Letter From the Present Synod to All the People of GodLetter of the XVI Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops to the People of God https://www.synod.va/en/news/letter-of-the-xvi-ordinary-general-assembly-of-the-synod-of-bishops-to-the-people-of-god.html