Frequently Asked Questions

Below we have listed some Frequently Asked Questions.  If you don’t find an answer here, please contact one of our Parish Staff with your question.

I need a Sponsorship Certificate to be a Baptism or Confirmation sponsor:

If you are a registered parishioner of St. Matthias Church and need a sponsorship certificate for Baptism or Confirmation, please contact the Parish Office at 732-828-1400.

I need a copy of my Sacramental record:

If you received any of your sacraments at St. Matthias Church and you would like to get a copy of your sacramental record(s), please call the Parish Office at 732-828-1400.

I need help with food/housing/electric bill, etc.

Call the Parish Office at 732-828-1400. You will be able to leave a voicemail message for our St. Vincent dePaul Society (SVDP).  A member of SVDP will follow-up with you.  If this is an emergency, please dial 211, or text your zip code to 898-211, or visit

How can I learn more about the School?

Matthias School is a Catholic school for grades Pre-K3 through grade 8. Call the school at 732-828-1402 or visit the school at to learn more or to schedule a tour.

How do I request prayers for a family member who is ill:

Call the Parish Office at 732-828-1400. We will add your family member’s name to the Prayer List published in our bulletin.

I would like to request a Mass intention:

Call the Parish Office at 732-828-1400.

I just moved to a new house (or bought a new car, or bought some religious medals/rosaries/statues, etc.) and I wish to have them blessed.

Call the Parish Office at 732-828-1400 or e-mail

I would like to send in an article for the bulletin:

Email the article to: at least 10 days before the publication date (earlier around holidays.)  Content is published on a space-available basis.

I would like to advertise in the bulletin.

Please contact John Patrick Publishing Company at 800-333-3166,

I would like to attend an Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meeting or an Al-Anon meeting:

Please check with AA or Al-Anon directly for the most up-to-date information on in-person and online meetings.

AA: There are no other requirements to AA other than having a desire to quit drinking, and it is not associated with any organization, sect, politics, denomination, or institution.  Visit:

Al-Anon: Al-Anon members are people who are worried about someone with a drinking problem. Contact:  Anna Horvath, (908) 227-0451,